Well, I finally did it. Started a blog. I know I'm not the first one to have a go, nor the last. Never like that word - blog. You might years ago have said "Mum, I laid a blog in the toilet and it won't flush..."
An inspiring way to begin, isn't it? I mean my very first post and it's taken on an unsavoury air. Well, I'm a sensitive soul and I can't just can't stand anything that isn't refined. And tell me, do you think 'blog' sounds refined? Would Emily Dickenson or Charlotte Bronte have kept a record of their thoughts in a "blog". I don't think so. Yes, I know it is a contraction of "biographical log", but it's a pity that that contraction turned out to be so, well, tacky. As contractions go, it sounds like the ones you do when you trying to give birth to a concrete pylon bent over on the throne.
Now, you've made me do it again!
No comments:
Post a Comment